Re: Implicit and conditional statements

From: Jakob Voß <jakob.voss@gbv.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:11:47 +0100
To: Henry Andrews <henry@cloudflare.com>
CC: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Hi and thanks for the answer,

Henry Andrews wrote:

> Hmm... JSON Schema has mechanisms for this sort of conditional *structural*
> change.  The "oneOf" and "dependencies" keywords in the current draft (and
> soon-to-be-published Draft 06), plus the "if"/"then"/"else" keywords that
> seem likely to be added in Draft 07 (which may cause us to drop
> "dependencies" because it's confusing and would then be superfluous).
>
> So a question for me is, is this a situation where a more clear integration
> of JSON Schema with JSON-LD would be useful here, or is there some other
> JSON-LD-related concept that is better suited for this?

So the JSON document would need to be modified by an
not-yet-standardized mechanism of JSON Schema to get another JSON that
can be read as JSON-LD? Sounds like a a possible but complex pathway for
some day in the future.

I realized that the first of my issues can be generalized as support of
reification in JSON-LD, so I created
https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/466

Jakob