Re: Framing and Query

Hi All

I've spent a few happy hours updating json-rql (https://www.npmjs.com/package/json-rql) to conform to the ideas Gregg and I briefly bounced around some weeks ago, and expanded the SPARQL conversion code to cover a number of examples in the test/sparql package. e.g.:

{
  "@context": {
    "rdfs": "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#",
    "dbpedia": "http://dbpedia.org/resource/",
    "dbpedia-owl": "http://dbpedia.org/ontology/"
  },
  "@construct": {
    "@id": "?person",
    "@type": "dbpedia-owl:Artist",
    "dbpedia-owl:birthPlace": "?city",
    "rdfs:label": "?name"
  },
  "@where": {
    "@id": "?person",
    "@type": "dbpedia-owl:Artist",
    "dbpedia-owl:birthPlace": {
      "@id": "?city",
      "dbpedia-owl:country": {
        "@id": "?country",
        "rdfs:label": {"@language": "en", "@value": "Belgium"}
      },
      "rdfs:label": ["?cityName", {"@language": "en", "@value": "Ghent"}]
    },
    "rdfs:label": "?name"

Note again that this idea is separate to Framing, and is intended for query use-cases where JSON might offer be a more convenient syntax than direct SPARQL.

With the prevailing focus on Framing, I don't intend to move this any further forward (or elaborate more justification/examples), for now.

Best regards

George