Re: Framing and Query

From: james anderson <james@dydra.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 07:04:04 +0000
To: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>

> On 2016-10-13, at 04:18, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
>
> First off, thanks to all of you for this thread, and for the renewed interest in JSON-LD Framing!

> I agree that there is often a need to query and then Frame the result, but I'm concerned that bundling both capabilities into one syntax/solution might be a mistake at this point.   Framing seems hard enough by itself.  Wouldn't it be better to just tackle Framing first, and later look at the possibility of bundling a query capability?

the case would need to be made, that a bundled query capability provides sufficient additional expressiveness when compared to combining simple framing with other independent facilities to outweigh the significant additional complexity.

best regards, from berlin
---
james anderson | james@dydra.com | http://dydra.com