Re: canonical representation

On 01/11/2016 04:23 PM, bergi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> one of the issues we currently discuss in the RDFJS Representation
> Task Force [1] is a canonical representation for triples/quads and
> their components. I proposed to use the N-Triples representation [2]
> if there is a definition (the specification contains also a
> interface for variables). One of the reasons for me is the RDF
> Dataset Normalization [3]. It would be nice, if we could reuse the
> canonical method for this use case. But the normalization
> specification doesn't define the serialization. The N-Triples format
> would allow to escape literals in different ways. Therefore a unique
> way to escape literals must be defined.

That the specification doesn't define the serialization is just a
temporary failing of the spec. The serialization is N-Quads as
output by the four interoperable implementations:

JavaScript: https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld.js
Python: https://github.com/digitalbazaar/pyld
PHP: https://github.com/digitalbazaar/php-json-ld
Ruby: https://github.com/ruby-rdf/rdf-normalize

If the spec doesn't already have an issue indicating that we need to
clearly document the serialization, we need to add one (and/or doc the
serialization).

--
Dave Longley
CTO