Re: create.js

> On 05 May 2015, at 17:19, Christoph Dorn <christoph@christophdorn.com> wrote:
>
>> As the UI level features are currently quite limited, there isn’t a lot of “lock-in” there. So if you can cover the feature set of the current stack, then I would envision most users will easily follow over to your new solution as soon as you start to surpass in features and/or quality.
>>
>> BTW .. I just remembered that TYPO3 Neos also builds on create.js though I think they forked it to work with ember.js:
>> https://neos.typo3.org/learn/faq.html
>>
>> I will try to point a few people on that community at this thread.
>
> Interesting. I'll look into coding against that during dev as well and see what they have changed. The fact that they had to fork is reason enough to find a common denominator. We don't want to be splitting efforts in the future.

I am not 100% certain if they had to fork or if they could just replace the backbone.js related code somehow via a plugin of sorts. The relevant people have been alerted about this thread. They seem to be considering rewriting the create.js portion atm as well, so this could work out well in terms of timing:
https://twitter.com/daskitsunet/status/595590041826684929

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
smith@pooteeweet.org