Re: yaml-ld?

From: David I. Lehn <dil@lehn.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 13:05:58 -0500
To: peter <peter.amstutz@curoverse.com>
Cc: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:03 AM, peter <peter.amstutz@curoverse.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried using yaml (http://www.yaml.org/) as an alternate
> serialization to express json-ld structured data?  Are there any
> pitfalls to this approach?

Sometimes I convert between JSON-LD to YAML just because YAML is
usually more compact and easier to read and write.  It's easy to
convert back and forth.  One pitfall is that unfortunately you do need
to quote all the keywords starting with '@'.  I've just used the basic
syntax but more advanced features like types and linking could
probably be used to do interesting things.  I have wanted to add YAML
input/output support to the playground but haven't found time to do
it.

-dave