Re: How to define context for new (custom) properties of JSON document

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 12:05:01 +0100
To: Zee <fortechie@gmail.com>
Cc: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
On 24 October 2014 20:10, Zee <fortechie@gmail.com> wrote:

> I I have read json-ld spec @ http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/ but one thing
> I'm having a hard time understanding how to define context for properties
> (keys) that doesn't have a standard ontology yet defined by
> schema.org/foaf/etc?
>
> I created json-ld playground link (with example of json-ld document and
> context) that should explain better what I'm trying to achieve @
> http://tinyurl.com/k5wagv8
>
> Also note in json-ld playground, the expanded/compact/flattened/etc format
> doesn't display 'twitterId' property which I have assigned the value of
> null in context-document. Why is this?
>
> Is there a way to address this problem, or do I need to define my own IRI
> for custom properties until standardized version becomes available and then
> I gradually introduce new ones while keeping the old ones for backward
> compatibility?
>
> Also, in expanded format, I lose that the image is gravatarImage not just
> any image.. Since I couldn't find corresponding IRI for gravatarImage on
> schema.org is there a way that I can preserve concept of gravatarImage in
> the expanded payload.

May help:

Property: foaf:accountName
account name - Indicates the name (identifier) associated with this online
account. Status:    testing
 The accountName property of a OnlineAccount is a textual representation of
the account name (unique ID) associated with that account.

Property: foaf:accountServiceHomepage
account service homepage - Indicates a homepage of the service provide for
this online account. Status:    testing
 The accountServiceHomepage property indicates a relationship between a
OnlineAccount and the homepage of the supporting service provider.

http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_accountName