Re: Schema.org just published a JSON-LD context

On 6/17/14 8:21 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 17 June 2014 13:02, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> On 6/16/14 5:48 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Today is another important milestone for JSON-LD as Schema.org just
>>> published a first version of their context. See yourself:
>>>
>>>      curlhttp://schema.org   -H "Accept: application/ld+json"
>>>

>>> Thanks Dan!
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Markus
>>>

>>> P.S. Those of you who don't have curl installed can have a look at the
>>> context here:
>>>     http://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json.txt
>> Markus,
>>
>> Do you have a live example?
>>
>> Assuming I am trying to de-reference the correct HTTP URIs, here my experience[...]
> This is for the schema.org @context file, whose IRIURIURL is http://schema.org/
>
> We're content negotiating that because JSON-LD tools expect to find it
> via the @context URL, and we wanted the simplest possible URL for
> schema.org in JSON-LD.\

I remain confused. What about filling in the IRI/URI/URL placeholder of
the following cuRL excerpt?

curl --verbose -I -H "Accept: application/ld+json" {IRI/URI/URL}

I just want to GET at the json-ld data that's been announced etc..

Answering my own question (typing, thinking, investigating etc.. at the
same time), bearing in mind your mentioning
<http://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json.txt> in the reply above, I
observed:

curl -I -H "Accept: application/ld+json"
http://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json
HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
Allow: GET
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:07:41 GMT
Server: Google Frontend
Alternate-Protocol: 80:quic

Then if I use -i instead of -I I do get json-ld data:

curl -i -H "Accept: application/ld+json"
http://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
curl --verbose -I -H "Accept: application/ld+json" {IRI/URI/URL}

i.e.,  curl --verbose -I -H "Accept: application/ld+json"
<http://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json>

Questions / Suggestions:

Is it possible for an xhv:alternate relation to be exposed via
<http://schema.org/docs/full.html> and
<http://schema.org/docs/schemas.html> that has
<http://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json> as its object, using <link/>
in <head/> and/or via embedded Microdata or RDFa ?

Why is that useful? It makes discovery of this structured data easier
for user agents that understand at least one of the following:

1. HTML metadata
2. Microdata
3. RDFa .

Even better, you could also add the JSON-LD data <script/> with regards
to <http://schema.org/docs/full.html> .

As for the document denoted by the HTTP URL <http://schema.org/Dataset>
that's yet another source of data that should cross reference the other
documents mentioned above. Anyway, that I've been able to process with
each statement denoted with its own identifier (i.e., the
statements/sentences have URIs which are then used in relations) [1].

Links:

[1] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/schema.org/Dataset
-- reified Schema.org statements.

[2]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Fschema.org%2FDataset
-- alternative deeper follow-your-nose oriented view (note: duplicates
simply indicate same data from many sources, you can filter via the UI
exposed via the "Metadata" tab) .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen