Re: Schema.org just published a JSON-LD context

Dan, all,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> On 17 June 2014 13:02, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> > On 6/16/14 5:48 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> Today is another important milestone for JSON-LD as Schema.org just
> >> published a first version of their context. See yourself:
> >>
> >>     curlhttp://schema.org   -H "Accept: application/ld+json"
> >>

> >> Thanks Dan!

Great news indeed; thanks!

>  >> Cheers,
> >> Markus
> >>

> >> P.S. Those of you who don't have curl installed can have a look at the
> >> context here:
> >>    http://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json.txt
> >
> > Markus,
> >
> > Do you have a live example?
> >
> > Assuming I am trying to de-reference the correct HTTP URIs, here my
> experience[...]
>
> This is for the schema.org @context file, whose IRIURIURL is
> http://schema.org/
>
> We're content negotiating that because JSON-LD tools expect to find it
> via the @context URL, and we wanted the simplest possible URL for
> schema.org in JSON-LD.
>
> At this point there's no per-term content negotiation on the
> type/property/enum pages. You will however find small amounts of RDFa
> now in the per-term pages, and a handful of mappings to external
> mappings. See for example http://schema.org/Dataset

Also wonderful news!

(This should pave the way for accepting dataset descriptions using
schema.org terms where data catalog systems currently look for DCAT
specifically (since they can "follow their noses" to the equivalency). This
has come up in relation to some library work recently, so it's nice timing!)

There is a small error in the RDFa though – it uses CURIEs within plain
@href attributes. Only RDFa specific attributes support prefix expansion.
(Just filed a pull request to fix this [1].)

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]: https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/pull/47

cheers,