Re: Schema.org just published a JSON-LD context

On 17 June 2014 11:13, Stian Soiland-Reyes
<soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Brilliant news!
>

> However..
>

>     Cache-Control: no-cache
>
> means the context will be re-requested for every parsing.  (e.g.
> jsonld-java will normally cache contexts -
> https://github.com/jsonld-java/jsonld-java#controlling-network-traffic)
> I guess Google can handle the load, but it would mean slow-down for
> clients.
>

> Also the header
>
>     Vary: Accept
>
> is missing (indicating that you could get a different representation
> if you have a different Accept header) - but given the above that is
> not a big issue..

Thanks. This release was bordering on the 'easter egg' level of
maturity, but I think we can fix it up pretty quickly. There's basic
caching in the (appengine) app so the context file is only computed
once, but you're right these details need attending to.

Dan