Re: Process of "following your nose"

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 13:57:30 -0400
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
On 6/1/14 11:41 AM, Anders Riutta wrote:
> Interesting! So we could send an Accept header like this:
>
> application/ld+json;q=0.9,application/rdf+xml,application/x-turtle,text/rdf+n3,text/turtle,text/n3;q=0.8,application/json,text/csv,text/plain;q=0.7,*/*
>
> If we get back application/ld+json, we can immediately transclude the response. Otherwise:
> * for q=0.9 content types, convert to JSON-LD and transclude
> * for q=0.8 or 0.7 content types, test for whether response represents RDF statements and convert/transclude if possible.

In a nutshell, yes! Dynamic content negotiation has always been there
for those that seek to exploit it. Sadly, the tendency is to tag even
basic content negotiation as too complex which ultimately leads to poor
wheel reinventions that don't scale at all.

The Web's architecture is fundamentally dexterous. It has many goodies
awaiting those that are ready to dig a little deeper :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO