Re: Browsers and JSON-LD Re: Context Questions

On 2/4/14 12:15 AM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Robert Sanderson:
>> * web browsers don't understand application/ld+json, meaning that for a
>> developer it gets downloaded rather than rendered.  Not a big deal but ...
> What should browsers do, simply display the JSON-LD document as it is ?
>
> Has anyone already created issues in the Firefox / Chromium issue trackers ?
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

This is where browser extensions come into play. For instance, we've
added support for JSON-LD, since inception, to our URIBurner service
[1], ODE browser extensions [2], and the Virtuoso sponger middleware [3].

[1] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com -- URIBurner
[2] http://ode.openlinksw.com -- OpenLink Data Explorer extensions for
all major browsers
[3] http://bit.ly/1ev3jHr -- Virtuoso Sponger Middlewe
Cartridges/Providers/Drivers (all of which also output JSON-LD
optionally) .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen