RE: Valid values for @type in @context

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:24:47 +0200
To: "'Simon Grant'" <asimong@gmail.com>
Cc: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Hi Simon,

On Friday, October 04, 2013 2:14 PM, Simon Grant wrote:
> On 4 October 2013 12:02, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > On Friday, October 04, 2013 12:48 PM, Simon Grant
> > [...]
> >
> > > To me (and possibly others) it would be helpful either
> > > (a) to put a note in section 5.4 in any case -- not talking about
> > > type coercion, but simply noting that @type arrays cannot be used
> > > within @context (you don't have to say why at that point), or
> >

> > What about adding a statement saying that using @type in the context
> > cannot be sued to specify the node's type but is used for type coercing
> > values? I think that would also address the overloading issue
>
> Something like that would be fine with me, and I think would serve the
> purpose as you suggest.

I've updated the document to the statement in section 5.4 [1]. Could you please have a look and let me know whether that addresses your concerns. The diff can be found at [2].

Thanks,
Markus

[1] http://json-ld.org.local/spec/latest/json-ld/#specifying-the-type
[2] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/64375381111ff0913de55fb18253038e6d0e6509