Re: Google adds JSON-LD support to Gmail

On 05/22/2013 05:35 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 22 May 2013 23:19, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net
> <mailto:markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:48 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org
>     <mailto:danbri@danbri.org>> wrote:
>     > A couple of points on this:
>     > 1. We (Google) can parse this if written
>     @context="http://schema.org"
>     > and we'll find a way to document that.
>
>     Would it be possible to document that as the preferred way of
>     doing it? I think most people just copy and paste that part anyway
>     so it wouldn't really matter in my opinion. You can still continue
>     to support "schema.org <http://schema.org>" but suggest people to
>     use "http://schema.org"
>
>     What actually worries me much more is that there isn't a context a
>     http://schema.org. Even if I do a GET and accept only
>     application/ld+json I get back an HTML page. Will that be fixed?
>

>     > 2. We'd also like to start a conversation about allowing the
>     simpler,
>     > shorter form by defaulting to http:// if not present.
>
>     We could certainly do that but that would mean that we would lose
>     the ability to use relative URLs to reference contexts which I
>     think is very handy for a large number of use cases.
>

> It may be slightly better to standardize in https, rather than http,
> since schema.org <http://schema.org> is used for ecommerce too.  I
> dont think there's currently any known attack vector based on MITM of
> a vocab, but one may emerge in future.

+1     https is a pain, but it's looking like pain we have to endure.

(all the http://www.w3.org vocabs are available at https://www.w3.org,
but of course in RDF those are different symbols.  I don't know what to
do about that, but we should probably start thinking about it.    I
wonder if it makes sense for people to just start trying the https
version of any http URL when they are dereferencing in a sensitive
app.    Strictly speaking, there's no requirement that https:foo and
http:foo be related resources, but it seems like a very good and common
practice.)

          -- Sandro