Re: [json-ld.org] JSON-LD in HTML (#231)

* Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name> [2013-03-22 09:09-0700]
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 22, 2013, at 15:49 , Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I am in favour keeping that remark in.
> > >
> > > B.t.w., will we also have a TriG in HTML? :-)
> >
> > Actually... I wonder. Gregg and I already referred to that at some point:
> > wouldn't it be cleaner to have a separate Working Group *Note* on the
> > inclusion of RDF and Dataset serializations in HTML files via the <script>
> > tag once and for all? After all, the Turtle and the JSON-LD in HTML do
> > exactly the same thing, the only difference is the media type. I would
> > think that TriG in HTML makes sense as well, as well as n triples. We could
> > then remove these sections from the JSON-LD and the Turtle documents where
> > they do not really belong.
> >
> > I do not think it would be a huge amount of work writing this down, it is
> > a matter of a 1-2 page note.
> >
> > Just an idea...
> >

> I fully and completely endorse this idea! The practice of
> embedding reusable data in HTML using <script> is wider then JSON-LD, or
> Turtle. Almost all the issues are the same. Also as this is a
> new emerging practice it makes sense to be able to rapidly change our
> advice in the face of implementations.

This makes sense to me. Notes have dated and short names.  For the
purposes of promoting Turtle in HTML, Turtle can have a very short
section which references e.g. <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-in-html/>.

We'd want to have a dated version before the end of PR, e.g
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/NOTE-rdf-in-html-20130415/
and we can write further editions as we learn and think more. I
propose rdf-in-html insted of data-in-html presuming it would talk
about the interpretation of RDF dialects and named graphs and that
sort of thing.

--
-ericP