Re: LevelGraph and JSONLD

2013/7/18 Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>

> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:27 PM, Matteo Collina wrote:
>
> >> It would probably make sense to somehow integrate framing [1] so that
> you
> >> can query for data and return in a specific form to simplify its
> processing.
> >
> > That will be super, but I am not sure how to implement.
> > Albeit powerful, the whole framing business is somewhat to me (and the
> doc
> > does not help).
> > Could you please make an example?
>
> The idea is that you can "query" the data and return it in a specific
> shape.
> For example, I could write a frame like (omitting the context for
> simplicity):
>
> {
>   "@type": "foaf:Person",
>   "foaf:made": {
>     "@type": "foaf:Document"
>   }
> }
>
> That would return all Persons that made one or more documents.
>
> While the (outdated) spec filters only based on @type my implementation
> allows you to filter on any property. The more interesting part though is
> that you won't get a flattened result but a result in a user-specified tree
> structure.
>
> Does that clarify it a bit?

I got the principle and the possibility intrigues me a lot, and it seems
feasible to implement it on top of LevelGraph-JSONLD as a query language.
I still do not get what the output might be, given some input documents and
a frame.
After I have a full example I can write the support for it in
LevelGraph-JSONLD.
You should put a full framing example in the playground, and update the
spec, too!

If you want to build it yourself, you can do a pull-request or I can just
give you committer access to LevelGraph-JSONLD :).

Cheers,

Matteo