Re: Blank Node Identifiers and RDF Dataset Normalization

On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:44 AM, Bauer, Herbert S. (Scott) wrote:

> I've shared Manu's blog post with some of my counterparts here at Mayo,
> and the response from at least one person is that JSON-LD has no real need
> for bnodes as these can be supported through nested structures. There an
> even more emphatic concern that much damage could be done to the RDF
> effort if blank nodes are allowed to be used as predicates.

Just out of interest, can you (or anyone) email me, off-list if preferred, what those concerns are? What kind of damage is seen as possible, if this were allowed? I ask because this construction is allowed in ISO Common Logic, and I am interested in reconciling RDF and CL.

Thanks for any inputs.

Pat Hayes