Re: Defining a common convention for marking up JSON

On 08/27/2013 04:51 PM, Michael Pizzo wrote:
> Would the JSON-LD community be open to working with the OData
> community to agree on a standard, extensible, namespaced mechanism
> that all JSON-based formats could use to extend JSON?

Yes, most definitely. :)

> We have a real opportunity to align efforts here in defining a common
> convention for marking up JSON payloads.

+1 for alignment.

> JSON-LD adds markup to JSON payloads by defining a set of keywords
> that begin with the “@” symbol. JSON-LD parsers understand these
> keywords and treat them differently than other properties.

Keep in mind that we can 'alias' keywords in JSON-LD. Markus explained
how this can be done in his previous email. So, I would imagine that
we're further along wrt. alignment than you may think we are.

I think all that may be required is the definition of a JSON-LD Context
that aliases certain namespaced values in OData.

Creating an OData flag for JSON-LD 1.1/2.0 processors may also be an
interesting discussion to have. That might allow people using JSON-LD
libraries to consume both OData and JSON-LD using the same library.

Would you have some time to join us on one of the JSON-LD teleconference
calls to hash out a couple of ideas?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/