Re: JSON-LD grammar

On 05/21/2012 07:50 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> I just updated ISSUE-114 [1] with what I believe should be the
> allowed grammar for JSON-LD. Since it's quite a long list, I think
> we should first discuss it directly in the issue instead of doing so
> in a telecon. I numbered each statement so that it should be easy
> enough to reference them.

Re-wrote it a bit and added it to the spec... certainly not in it's
final form, but it's a good start:

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/json-ld-syntax/20120522/#json-ld-grammar

We need to discuss if EBNF is the best mechanism to express the
grammar. It may be a bit too limiting/verbose? The issue is that
JSON-LD is a subset of JSON, for which there exists some BNF... do we
really want to go to the trouble of re-defining it in EBNF, especially
if processors are going to attempt to correct "badly authored" documents
anyway (and thus ignore the EBNF syntax we put in the spec)? I'm
thinking, no... at this moment.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Website for Developers Launched
http://digitalbazaar.com/2012/02/22/new-payswarm-alpha/