From: nil <nil.niklas@googlemail.com>
To: unhosted <unhosted@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:18:39 +0000
Subject: Re: [unhosted] Re: getting social: defining the 'contacts' category

As far as we have discussed this now (mostly in the channel and in
RL), we have settled on using JSON representations of hCards/vCards,
called jCards, pretty much like http://microformats.org/wiki/jcard.
Those can (for example) be generated with the vCardJS[1] library.

Now as there's been some talk about using JSON-LD at various points,
we should probably think about using that in the contacts category as
well. There seems to be a @context for people[2]. We could just use
that. I have only scanned through that briefly, and am not sure yet,
whether all info from vCards can be mapped to person.jsonld (and/or
vice versa). But to me JSON-LD seems more sophisticated than jcards
(which are only very loosely defined).

Anyone else any thoughts?

[1]: https://github.com/nilclass/vcardjs
[2]: http://json-ld.org/contexts/person.jsonld