RE: Updated Editor's Draft of JSON-LD Syntax

Sorry Ivan, but I think you slightly misunderstood what I'm proposing and
confused it with what the current spec defines. Let me try to clarify it.

The current spec interprets the "data" property in the example in ISSUE-56
as a relative IRI, therefore it creates that blank node with that <data>
predicate leading to those extra triples. What I'm saying is that that is
wrong IMO.

We need a clear way to distinguish undefined terms from relative IRIs
(that's the referenced ISSUE-49). If have that, we could just ignore such
properties which would allow us to serialize disjoint graphs. A parser would
just recurse into the object (even though the term is not mapped to
anything) and as soon as it is able to extract triples again, it would start
a new, disjoint graph for those triples.

So the Turtle output from that JSON-LD document would be:

_:bnode1
   <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
"http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person";
   <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/homepage> "http://example.com/bob/";
   <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name> "Bob".
_:bnode2
   <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
"http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person";
   <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/homepage> "http://example.com/eve/";
   <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name> "Eve".
_:bnode3
   <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
"http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person";
   <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/homepage> "http://example.com/manu/";
   <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name> "Manu".

Which is exactly what we need IMO. This would also allow author to mix
"semantic JSON" with plain old JSON.

I will add this discussion to the ticket to keep track there as I think this
important for the outcome of that issue.