Re: Updated my JSON-LD serializer for the RDFa distiller

Ah, ok. That is fine. In my current generated JSON-LD, if I use a full URI as a key in the context, I use the same full URI in the data.

(Again, I will simplify and beautify this soon, and this will disappear, but just for my understanding...)

Thanks!

Ivan

On Jan 19, 2012, at 13:37 , Markus Lanthaler wrote:

> Hi Ivan
>
>> although, actually, I have some plans to change the output to do
>> something like that anyway, just for my understanding: do you mean to
>> say that the approach I have below will become invalid? Ie, that
>> putting a URI as a key will become invalid? Or that the alternative of
>> using a CURIE become a possibility? I am still a bit messed up...
>
> No, it would still be a completely valid document but the type coercion
> wouldn't apply to those properties in the document as you use CURIEs there.
> I think an example makes it easier to understand:
>
> {
>    "@context": {
>        "foaf": "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/",
>        "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/mbox": {
>            "@type": "@id"
>        },
>        "foaf:homepage": {
>            "@type": "@id"
>        }
>    },
>
>    "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/mbox": "mailto:alice@example.com",
>    "foaf:homepage": "http://example.com/eve",
>
>    "foaf:mbox": "mailto:alice@example.com",
>    "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/homepage": "http://example.com/eve"
> }
>

> In this example the first two properties would be coerced to IRIs, the
> latter two wouldn't. The reason is that a parser wouldn't find the type
> coercion as the property keys in the document and in the context don't
> match.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> --
> Markus Lanthaler