Re: Wikidata

This actually might make sense. I suggested the following markup, but find it doesn't really work:

{
  "@id" : "q7",
  "titles" : {
    "en" : {
      "@context": {"@language" : "en"},
      "value" : "Georgia_(country)"
    },
    "de" : {
      "@context": {"@language" : "de"},
      "value" : "Georgien"

It seems that our processing rules don't provide for @context within a value object.

If we had something like you suggest, with @container: @langmap, this would expand to the following:

{
  "@id": "q7",
  "titles": [
    {"@value": "Georgia_(country)", "@language": "en"},
    {"@value": "Georgien", "@language": "de"}
  ]
}

It's important for them to have a simple selector path, such as titles.en.value.

There's quite a bit of interest in using JSON-LD, if it can work. This would allow them to use a single representation, rather than one for RDF and another for JSON. Also, it seems that named graphs may be an important use case for them.

It might also be interesting to think if framing could come in handy, if there was a way to frame the data for "@language": "en", say, so that a developer could get the representation they want to work with.

Gregg