Distinguishing a context document from an instance document

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:31:26 +0200
To: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Hi all,

What's the currenty way to distuingish a context document from an instance
document? As far as I see it, there isn't any. If you don't know it
beforehand, you have no chance to find out if a server returned a context or
an instance document.

There are a couple of options to solve this issue (ISSUE-30)

- create a new MIME type
- use the form MIME type parameter, i.e., form=context
- include @context also in pure context documents

Using a MIME type (parameter) for this is problematic for client-side
JavaScript implementations. Including @context also in context documents
seems to be a straightforward and simple way to do it. The only issue then
is to ensure that there isn't any data in a context document - but I'm not
even sure if we need to do that.

Perhaps we also just say it's not important to be able to distinguish it
because a client has to know what it requests!?