RE: Compact forms of language literals

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:09:49 +0200
To: 'Niklas Lindstr÷m' <lindstream@gmail.com>, "'Ivan Herman'" <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: "'Gregg Kellogg'" <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>, <public-linked-json@w3.org>
>   {
>     "@context": {
>       "@import": "/api/context.json",
>       "@language": "en",
>       "@base": "http://example.org/"
>     }
>     "@subject": ...
>   }
>
> With mechanics working like you suggest. I do expect some potential
> opposition to this though. We'd have to determine if such an import
> would work in externally referenced contexts as well (i.e. dealing
> witháthe issues of chained imports and recursion). Your version
> doesn't raise that issue though, but I'm not sure which form would be
> preferred.

Yet another option would be to import the external context via an HTTP
header and adding an inline context as usual. This wouldn't require any
changes and doesn't have any of the issues you mentioned above - but of
course you have to use HTTP headers then.

See also ISSUE-16: https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/16