Re: Minimum useful linked data

On 3 September 2011 20:14, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> Danny,
>
> I assume you've looked through the archives of this mailing list? The issue
> of Linked Data has been long thrashed out with regards to JSON-LD. This
> effort culminated in a requirements document [1] .
>
> Links:
>
> 1. http://json-ld.org/requirements/latest/ -- note sections on Linked Data .

Right, my bad, I had overlooked:

   9. An IRI that is a label in a linked data graph should be
dereferencable to a Linked Data document describing the labeled
subject, object or property.

But that's still only in the requirements - where is it fulfilled? The
examples in the spec don't yet take this into account.

It would be pretty easy to deal with, e.g. by inserting a little text
before the existing example in 2.3 along the lines of:

[[
Manu is identified by the URI http://manu.sporny.org/people#me.
Dereferencing that URI with a HTTP GET can produce a representation
like ...
]]

(btw, I haven't looked through the archives much, but I was in on a
telecon when part of the thrashing out of that definition took place
:)

Cheers,
Danny.

--