RE: Yet another serialization format?

Exactly. I couldn't agree more. All I suggested was to have one external document instead of mixing inline constructs (@) and external documents (context doc.) since I think that would have a lot of advantages. Among others it would also clearly address the issues outlined in the property-name scoping discussion.