Re: JSON-LD bnode canonical naming algorithm

On 6/19/11 2:42 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:

> But who are "we", and where are we trying to get? I don't think "we"
> know. I know about this mailing list from a combination of blog posts
> and emails from you. I know some of your stated motivations arising
> from your frustration with the way the RDF/JSON working-group turned
> out. I think the "JSON" part of "JSON-LD" is pretty clear, but the
> "LD" part is manifestly not. What is its audience? What are its goals?
> How does it relate to RDF?
I would add, and I think this is critical, how does this relate to
Linked Data. Note, in this case Linked Data is something achievable
using RDF and a variety of other syntaxes.

Linked Data is about Identifiers that resolve to Referent
Representations. These Representations take the form of EAV/SPO graph
pictorials. Thus, as stated repeatedly, RDF isn't the sole option, so
when we speak about Linked Data goals RDF is ultimately orthogonal, at
best.

Of course, again as stated repeatedly, not being the sole option !=
useless. RDF is actually very useful.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen