Simple

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:04:18 +0100
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
CC: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> ... Also look at the HTTP protocol, it too is "Deceptively Simple".
>
> "Deceptively Simple" works cos it scales. "Simply Simple" doesn't work
> cos it doesn't scale.
>
> What kind of "simple" do we seek re. JSON-LD ?

The above is a very good question, what /kind/ of simple do /we/ seek
with JSON-LD?

I'm sure we're all familiar with notions that simpler is better, and
famous quotes such as "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing
more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

One could argue that the "simple" from JSON has been removed with
JSON-LD, and that it is quite complex - I do understand why of course -
but just how much could we remove? What's the bare minimum needed to
cover 80%+ of the use cases?

Best,

Nathan