Re: Branding?

Dave Longley wrote:
> On 07/27/2011 01:48 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> How about:
>>
>> 1. JSON-*D   -- in some form courtesy of Alex's post re. blank nodes
>> accomodation
>>
>> 2. JSONG  -- JSON Graphs (it does have rhythm to it)
>>
>> 3. JSON-XD -- "X" is whatever you want to make of it without breaking
>> anything via conflation .
>>

> I have thought about something that indicates "Graphs in JSON" before,
> so if we must rename the spec then something along the lines of JSONG
> would be alright with me. The only problem, in particular with JSONG, is
> that it is difficult to differentiate it from JSON when pronounced, if
> pronounced "JAY-SONG".

We do need to remember that it's only a particular kind of graph though,
a labelled di-graph. Mentioning because there will be lots of other
people passing over generic graphs in JSON for use with charts and
diagrams, who may easily get confused if we go down the "graphs in JSON"
route.

Interestingly, Labelled Directed Graph also reduces to LD / LDG.