On The Purpose of JSON and Gluon Redesign Ideas

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 18:01:03 +0200
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
Hi all!

I was about to write down a lot of my recent thoughts on RDF and JSON
here (in preparation for tomorrows' telecon). But it turned out to
work better as a blog post of my experience and perspectives:

    http://dustfeed.blogspot.com/2011/07/resources-in-various-frames-of-json.html

As you can read there, I basically support the position that inlined
RDF details are ill-fit in any JSON intended for direct consumption
(and hand writing for that matter). I also outline some ideas I have
for my old strawman Gluon [1] to remove such things. I hope that you
have the time to read my post and either comment there or (for the
better) discuss here the possibility of aligning these ideas and the
direction of JSON-LD.

Best regards,
Niklas

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/oort/wiki/Gluon