Re: JSON-LD Primer

On 12/15/11 5:06 PM, David I. Lehn wrote:
> Hi,
> Quite some time ago I started a JSON-LD Primer.  It's currently very
> rough and incomplete but I figured I'd throw it out there for people
> to look at.  It's on the live site but the link from the front page is
> disabled for now.  The doc needs more work before it's even at draft
> stage.  I think many people will look at a primer before the actual
> spec so I'd like it to be more complete and polished.  Take a look and
> send comments, suggestions, and flames.  Or, if you are so motivated
> and awesome, fork the source and fix it up.  Nothing in there is solid
> so feel free to think it's garbage and tell me to start over. :-)
>
> http://json-ld.org/primer/latest/
>
> -dave

Re:
3. Data Sources

JSON-LD is not dependent on any particular source of data. It is
possible to convert many types of semantic web formats into JSON-LD.
This is one of the classic benefits of the semantic web and its
foundation of triples. Depending on the application and where it is
used, a source of data may come from many places:

JSON-LD (native data) [JSON-LD]
RDFa [RDFA-CORE]
Microdata [MICRODATA]
Microformats [MICROFORMATS]
RDF
various other triples formats (N-Triples, Turtle, etc)
A source-specific processor must convert the data into JSON-LD. In most
cases if you can convert a data format into a form of triples, then the
conversion into an expanded form of JSON-LD is trivial. Once this has
taken place, it is possible to use framing and other JSON-LD processing
concepts to convert the data into a form which is easier to process at
the application level. This ability allows you process linked data
provided in many formats in a standardized way.

What about this:

3. Data Sources

JSON-LD is agnostic with regards to serialization formats for EAV/SPO
based directed graphs. Thus, you can convert data serialized using
Semantic Web and non Semantic Web formats into JSON-LD. This is one of
the classic benefits of the Web's underlying design and architecture.
Examples include:

JSON-LD (native data) [JSON-LD]
RDFa [RDFA-CORE]
Microdata [MICRODATA]
Microformats [MICROFORMATS]
RDF/XML
N-Triples,
N3/Turtle, and many others.

A data format-specific processor must convert ingested (or imported)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO