RE: IANA Considerations

Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> Also, we discussed format=context to describe the format of an @context
> document.

Yes, we should add that as well. I think it would also be interesting to
link from a context document to a data document as Glenn proposed:

> On 07/06/2011 11:46 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:
>> If it's a goal to be able to impose context on an "existing" JSON
>> feed, it might be even more effective, instead of allowing @context
>> to point to an external file, to invert this and have a context file
>> that can point to a data file. That way the data file itself can be
>> completely untouched.
>
> Would something like this work for you, Glenn?
>
> {
>   "@context": "http://example.org/microblog",
>   "@data": "http://foo.bar/posts/15"
> }

We could define an optional "data" or "instance" MIME type parameter for
JSON-LD context documents. TO link from an data/instance document to a
JSON-LD context document we could use a link header (RFC5988), e.g.:

Link: <http://www.example.com/context.jsonld>; rel="describedby";
type="application/ld+json";