Re: Become an LDP proponent at ESWC Dev workshop, anyone?

On Thursday 28. May 2015 13.14.04 Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
> Kjetil Kjernsmo will be organizing a discussion about LDP at ESWC2015
> [1]. The idea is to have an LDP proponent and a critic to chair the
> session in the beginning to initiate the discussion. I offered to be
> the LDP proponent but due a clash with the LDP tutorial [2] that we
> will do at the same time, I won't be able to make it.
>
> Can anyone who is attending ESWC2015 volunteer to be the LDP proponent
> for the discussion? Thanks a lot in advance.

Just to say a few words what my uninformed position is :-) :

So, we've done Linked Data long before the term was really coined, and my
general feeling is that Linked Data is a pretty simple concept, it
shouldn't need much elaboration on the top of HTTP to get it going. Linked
Data should be so simple, another spec shouldn't be needed. Now, you just
need to argue why it is!

I was a part of the SPARQL Working Group, and even though I was amongst
the members who started the Graph Store spec, I strongly disagreed with
the end product. I felt that it is just an extension of Linked Data, and
again, another spec isn't needed. Whatever elaborations should be done in-
band, in terms of an RDF vocabulary, that clients (and programmers) could
understand simply by looking at the data.

I read the starting point of the LDP group, and felt it contained many of
the same misunderstandings as the Graph Store spec, and when TimBL also
voiced some substantial critisism against it, I lost interest. So, I
didn't actually follow your work, and come into it with a bad first
impression, but not much more! :-)

Now, I know that Nandana did some work on formulating LDP with Hydra, and
therefore, he became my first choice, since he can certainly see both
worlds.

But hey, this isn't going to be dangerous. Whoever you are, you will be
more knowledgeable than I am about LDP, and we're going to set up a debate
in a humorous environment. It's going to be great fun!

Do I see any hands?

Cheers,

Kjetil