Re: volunteering for the army

On 02/25/2014 12:19 PM, Roger Menday wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2014, at 16:41, Sandro Hawke wrote:

>>> hello Sandro,
>>>
>>> I think that a client does need to understand the membership
>>> configurations in order to POST.
>>>
>>> Of particular importance is the configuration previously known as
>>> "membershipPredicate". On a page with multiple <form>s, the
>>> membershipPredicate can be used to figure out which <form> to complete.
>>>

>> The HTML analogy doesn't tell me enough.   What are the ldp clients
>> in your scenario actually trying to do?
>>

> All the usual stuff:
> - add a bug to a bugsystem
> - add a new (sub)directory to a directory (?)
> - add a new asset or liability to a networth
>
> I'm saying that for discovering the interaction possibilities of
> an application one needs to know both what the <form> processor is
> saying it will create (and how), as well as the link it will add
> between the creator and the created.

Okay, can you dig a little farther into a simple one, like
add-a-new-bug-report?

I'd think the application would be given the URL of a software project.
>From there, it would follow some sort of link like doap:bug-database to
an ldp:Container, which it would presume contains bug report, since this
thing was referred to as a bug database.  When the user clicks 'submit
new bug report', the client some RDF using some bug-describption
vocabulary and POSTs it to that container.   If the server accepts that,
the bug is now reported.

How does that fall short of what you want?

        -- Sandro