Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

On 3/26/13 1:03 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> This was part of a longer discussion with Kingsley. The larger context is missing here.
> I was pointing out 2 things:
>
>    1. you can publish html with text/html content type that has links that do not go anywhere, and the
>      browser will show those links interpreted properly with underlined hyperlinks
>    2. If you change the mime type to text/plain you only get the ascii, not an interpreted HTML.

But my context was all about materialization functional hyperlinks via
presentation and interaction modality  i.e., text/html enables the
browser produce a page comprised of hyperlinks (which may or may not
resolve to anything) whereas text/plain won't. My point is that the
interaction delivered by the hyperlinks matters, and the media type
enables the browser make specific decisions about what it presents;
ditto the interaction capabilities it offers to its user e.g.,
follow-your-nose exploration over a linked document based information
space via hyperlink dereference .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen