Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

hello.

On 2013-03-25 15:24 , Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 3/25/13 6:15 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>> On 25 Mar 2013, at 22:01, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>>> RDF
>>> based Linked Data should have always had a media type which is akin
>>> to actually doing the dishes.
>> I think that text/turtle is that media type, or rather, can be it.
> It could be, but I fear we would then stall its current progress by
> requesting incorporation of Linked Data de-reference behavior
> expectations into its current IANA registration.

to me this really is the core problem that we are dancing around in many
places. most often, i refer to this as hyperRDF: RDF plus hypermedia
semantics, established in a way that clients can traverse RDF-based
hypermedia applications. how this is engineered (adding to RDF as a
conceptual model, or defining an ontology that must be supported by
anybody wishing to write hyperRDF clients) is an interesting question
(with different side effects based on the chosen path), but the
fundamental question underlying this so far does not have a definitive
answer: how do i expose RDF-based services in a way so that applications
are guided through the application flow by following links. LDP has to
answer this general problem one way or another, and preferably there
would have been an answer to this in place that we could simply use.
there isn't, so it remains a challenge and one that obviously isn't
trivially easy to solve.

cheers,

dret.