Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

hello richard.

On 2013-03-22 7:50 , Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2013, at 13:52, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> There is still a question whether binaries (images, etc) are non-LDPRs
>> or if they too are LDPRs.
> I think they will typically not be LDPRs (because LDPRs need a Turtle representation, and in general I don't expect LDP implementations to provide one for binaries). But right now I can't see a reason for *requiring* them to be non-LDPRs. So I'd say the two classes are potentially overlapping, but neither is a subclass of the other.

i am a little confused now. from the REST perspective, these things are
whatever they return as their media type when you GET them, so their
nature is determined/controlled by themselves. we just link them into a
container by adding their identifier as a content link. i am a bit
unclear how we could possibly claim that they are LDP resources (unless
by pure coincidence they would actually be LDP resources, which of
course is a possibility, but an edge case). a resource's "nature" on the
web is determined by its media type, and LDP does not even have control
over these resources, since you can link to anything.

thanks and cheers,

dret.