Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-19: Adressing more error cases, as is

Hi Martynas,

On 06/10/2013 10:45 AM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Lets step back from the philosophical discussion a bit. By defining a
> media type per problem domain,

That is _not at all_ what was proposed. We would have to do it only
once, in the context of LDP. You're pretty much on your own with your
domain model from there. I hope you feel reassured with the approach
then :-)

> you would break Linked Data for
> existing RDF software as it would not be able to recognise custom
> types.

That's a very interesting argument. Can you please say which softwares
would be broken? And why?

> You would also prevent generic web application design, as a
> generic application cannot build on a vocabulary or type system that
> is uncontrolled.

That's again interesting. Can you please elaborate? For example, what
do you mean by "uncontrolled"?

> What it can use is a generic representation format,
> such as text/turtle.

Some of us has already tried to explain why text/turtle was not
enough, so I won't do it again :-)

Alexandre.