Re: Paging with SPARQL CONSTRUCT implementations

John, Erik, Arnaud,

Yes, I can do what you suggest and always provide a nextPage URL until I get zero triples, and then mark that as the last page. Thank you all for clarifying things for me.

Thanks,
Elli

>________________________________

going on here.

>> ... Do you expect an empty page to be returned?
Or do you also expect this response:

>> <http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer/?p=55>
>>    a ldp:Page;
>>    ldp:pageOf <http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer/>;
>>    ldp:nextPage rdf:nil.
>
>I think you have a false dichotomy here.  The
triples you show above is exactly what I meant in my original reply when
I said

>> solution is to always provide a next-page URL
until your construct
>> returns zero triples (which is still a valid page of content), and
>> mark it as the last page.
>
>"marking it as the last page" == adding
the Page triples you showed.
>It gives every client exactly one way to detect "last
page"; no gratuitous variability (waves to Raul ;-) ).

>> What do you expect to happen currently if a user
tries to access the URL <
>> http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer/?p=55>
and page 2 is
>> the last page?
>
>As a generic LDP client who knows nothing (zero) about
your server's URL construction rules, I either got that p=55 URL from a
ldp:nextPage triple object (this discussion) or "somewhere else".
 In the latter case, tell me where it came from and I'll you whether
or not I think LDP constrains the answer.  In the former case, I expect
exactly what LDP prescribes, and since it's a different resource there's
very little in the way of MUST/MUSTNOT-constraints coming from LDP.  404/410
is perfectly allowable (not especially reasonable for the case you started
with, but allowable in general).

>If you tell me your client knows anything about the
server's URI construction rules, you're outside of LDP already so you can't
look to LDP for answers.