Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-19: Adressing more error cases, as is

From: Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:42:25 -0400
To: Mark Baker <mark@zepheira.com>
CC: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, "public-ldp@w3.org" <public-ldp@w3.org>
On 06/04/2013 01:10 PM, Mark Baker wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> The HTTP response code tells the client that this is an error code and not the representation.
>
> This.
>
> Erik, I wish you'd stop invoking the "REST community", when AFAIK,
> you, Henry and I are the only ones to have ever given serious,
> brain-cramping thought to the relationship of media types to RDF, and
> we have you beat 2 to 1 :)

RDF was not designed with HTTP interactions in mind. If I see
about the interactions it allows, but this one does not say anything
about LDP. At best, I know about the ontology but nothing more.

To be honest, I've never been sure how LDP was solving this issue. I'd
be happy to know the general answer.

Alexandre.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/