Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-19: Adressing more error cases, as is

On 06/04/2013 01:21 AM, Henry Story wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2013, at 22:30, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/3/13 3:31 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
>>> which would get to the touchy issue of media types. application/api-problem+json and application/api-problem+xml are the current media types, would an RDF model follow what pattern and expose application/api-problem+turtle?
>> No, since API problems ultimately boil down to entity relationships. The format is ultimately irrelevant.
>>

> Agree with Kingsely. This issue is not touchy: it is settled.
>
> In RDF you don't need to create a media type for your responses, text/turtle will
> do.  The reason you have to do this with JSON is because, lacking namespaces you have no idea without the
> media type wha the content is.

I fail to understand where Erik's idea would be bad. The goal of the
spec is clear:

[[
This document defines a "problem detail" as an extensible way to carry
machine-readable details of errors in a HTTP response, to avoid the
need to invent new response formats for HTTP APIs.
]]

application/api-problem already conveys the informations we'd want,
right? We would just have to register +turtle as a new Structured
Syntax Suffix and map the existing model to the RDF meta-model.

That's the same discussion than with application/ldp+turtle...

> More useful would be to find which ontologies express the relevant information the user would need.

What's already defined in application/api-problem is not enough? I
don't know, I haven't looked carefully, but I would start there
anyway.

Alexandre.