Re: [apps-discuss] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-wilde-accept-post-00.txt

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> hello.
>
> a new draft "The Accept-Post HTTP Header" has been published. it has been
> developed within the W3C LDP working group
> (http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Main_Page), but we thought it would promote
> reuse of that header field if it were specified and registered separately.
> any feedback is very welcome. in order to align with the timing of the W3C
> LDP specifications, our goal is to move this draft forward as fast as we
> can.

Hey Erik. Is there any particular reason why this is POST-specific and
not applicable to all methods that meaningfully accept a
representation, like PUT or PATCH?

Also, historically, as I'm sure you know, this information is
typically provided by prior hypermedia transactions, e.g. an HTML
form. The reasons for this over providing them from the resource
itself directly (which I assume is the use case, it isn't clear) are
primarily efficiency; that a separate round trip isn't required to
gather that information. So I would expect that a mechanism such as
yours would be used with legacy formats that don't support the ability
to make such a declaration, but that doesn't appear to be the case for
LDP. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Mark.