Re: Multiple resource representations during LDPC POST (5.4.1)

Hi Martynas,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I was wondering what happens if multiple resource representations are
> contained in the entity body during LDPC POST?

How would a server know it was multiple?  Depends on the representation.

Currently undefined.  This requirement isn't about RDF representations, it
is about any kind representation being POSTed to create a resource and have
it as a member of a container. For RDF representations, I could see one
implementation simple creating a new named graph, with the name being the
newly minted URL for it and then returning that URL in the Location header.
 I could see another implementation rejecting it, with some indication that
it can't do batch creates of resources.  If it wanted to create multiple
resources, it should send multiple POST requests.  If there is a
requirement to do this, perhaps we can add this to our wishlist for future
enhancements.

> "Location header set to the new resource" -- what is the new resource,
exactly?

For RDF-based resources (LDPRs), the URL for the graph holding the triples
for the resource created.

> Section 5.4.1 is not so clear on this:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#ldpc-HTTP_POST
>
> Besides, "clients shall not expect" does not look like a formal
> requirement to me.

Correct, this isn't a formal requirement and was carefully constructed
without using keywords from RFC2119.  It is just an informative statement.

- Steve Speicher