Re: major revision of LDP draft charter

Thanks for these suggestions.   I've incorporated all but one (details
below), and a private comment into draft 13.    The diff...

http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter-history/diff-9-13.html

... shows that you should just re-read the introduction.

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 15:42 -0500, Paul Tyson wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 12:13 -0400, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> > After various discussions, we've rewritten the Linked Data Platform
> > (LDP) draft charter.  New version is here:
> >
> >         http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter
> >
> > The diff is linked from there, but only the last few paragraphs
> > (standard charter stuff) are the similar enough for the diff to be
> > useful.
> >
> > At this point, we're expecting to formally propose this to the W3C
> > membership within a week or two, so please review it soon.
>
> As one who has worked at applying W3C standards in the enterprise for
> some time, I am glad to see this moving along.
>
> Please consider these suggestions for some different words in the
> introduction. The first sentence of the 2nd paragraph says:
>
> "Simple put, the technique is to expose application data objects
> ("resources") on the Web, ...."
>
> How about instead something like: "Simply put, the technique is to
> represent things of interest (to the enterprise) as resources on the
> Web, ...."? "Resources" in that sentence means something like
> rdfs:Resource, and therefore can mean a "data object" or a person,
> document, part, building, idea, or any other thing of interest to the
> business.

I wrote it that way to try to keep some distance from httpRange-14.

(Strictly speaking, I don't think an HTTP GET on a URI identifying a
person can succeed; to succeed it would have to be a URI identifying a
data object which contains some information about the person.  A GET on
the first URI would hopefully give you a 303 redirect to the second
one.)

I am a little worried how the WG is going to deal with this topic, since
it can get so tricky.   For the charter, I was trying to be pedantically
correct without, I hoped, drawing to much attention to the subject.

   -- Sandro