Re: LD Patch playground

On 11/27/14 3:04 AM, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/26/14 3:37 PM, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
>>     On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Kingsley Idehen
>>     <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         On 11/26/14 1:08 PM, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
>>
>>             Hi all,
>>
>>             for those of you who want to experiment with LD Patch, I
>>             made a small online demo where you can try it out :
>>
>>             http://champin.net/2014/ld-patch-demo/
>>
>>             Enjoy
>>

>>         I assume this is supposed to work with any LDP server that
>>         implements LD Patch?
>>

>>     Oh sorry, I realize that the interface (asking for the IRI of a
>>     resource) might lead to confusion. Let me explain.
>>
>>     It does not require any server. Instead, you just provide a graph
>>     and a patch, and you get the result of applying this patch to
>>     that graph. The graph can be provided inline (in turtle or
>>     RDF/XML) or as an IRI. In the latter case, the graph will be
>>     downloaded on my server and patched there. The original resource
>>     is in no way altered.
>>
>>     It is only a playground really.
>>
>>     A fun thing could be to process the patch and then PUT the result
>>     to the given IRI, providing Patch As A Service... but that's not
>>     what it does right now.
>
>     What about simply having the option to persist content (data) to
>     any LDP compliant server that supports LD Patch?
>
> Sorry but I don't understand your point... An LDP compliant server
> that supports LD Patch has no use for this demo or any similar
> software ; by definition it can do LD Path on its own.
>
> This demo is really just for people to try out the demo : write an LD
> Patch document and see what it does to a given graph.

I think that interoperability across LDP implementations is an important
activity, that's all [1].

[1]
http://kidehen.blogspot.com/2014/07/loosely-coupled-read-write-interactions.html
-- Loosely-Coupled Read-Write Web example showcasing the kind of
interoperability I am referring to.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software