Re: Recharter scope

On 11/17/2014 3:24 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Per our discussion on today's call I invite everyone to help develop
> the list of questions that defines the scope of the new WG we would
> propose to charter. We could change the format if we want to but
> that's secondary. Here is the updated list based on today's discussion:
>
> 1. How can retrieval of a container and its contained resources be
> combined so that fewer HTTP operations are required than it is
> necessary with LDP 1.0?
+1 (already doing some sort of inlining)

> 2. How can multiple resources be created with a single HTTP request?
+1 would love to see it happen but I'm not sure how well it will work
from a REST perspective

> 3. How can a client request filtering what part of a resource or
> container the server is to return?
+1 been pushing for filtering for a long time

> 4. How can a client be notified when something, such as a resource or
> set of resources, changes?
+1

> 5. How can a client find out whether a service endpoint, such as a
> SPARQL endpoint, is associated with a resource or set of resources?
+0 I always saw this as an application (server) specific feature.

> 6. How can access to a resource be controlled?
+1 already doing it with WebACLs

> 7. How can a client have greater control of how paging is done (size,
> sorting, etc.)?"
+0.5 not much of a fan of paging but I see the usefulness

> 8. How can a client learn what property constraints there are when
> creating or updating a resource?"
+0 (isn't this what data shapes is about? Overlap?)

> 9. How can we do efficient transfer of LDP resources, either some
> initial set or rolling updates (feed) of changes?
+0

-- Andrei