Re: ldp wishlist for crosscloud

> On 10 Nov 2014, at 14:07, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The key challenge for pushing new http methods through is implementer support. Some popular platforms (like node.js for instance) do not have great support for extension methods.

That sounds like a lesser problem. Node.js is open source and can be changed,
if developers are enthusiastic about it. For example to get node.js people
enthusiastic one could get them to consider that QUERY could work with their
favorite JSON query language - perhaps https://code.google.com/p/jaql/ ( not sure
what is hot there at present )

The more difficult problems would be the caching infrastructure, though that is less
important as it used to be with HTTPS everywhere gaining ground.

Also I am not against creating a standard link relations that do the job where
the methods cannot be  used, as a transition solution. It is just that I think one
should be clear about what the correct web architectural solution would be, and
let that guide one. It helps one think much more clearly about what is going on.
For example here about what SPARQL is doing and perhaps how LDP can
simplify SPARQL. ( eg: remove DELETE GRAPH from SPARQL specs and move
it to HTTP ).