Re: "attributes" in ldp-access-control

On 7/14/14 2:39 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> What are "attributes" in 3.1.2 and 3.2.1.2?    Are they HTTP Link
> headers, triples in the rel=describedby graph, triples with a fixed
> subject+predicate in the graph, or something else?
>
> So far I haven't seen a compelling case for fine-grained access
> control -- anything smaller than a graph -- and these don't have
> enough detail for me to know if they would be compelling or not.
> Concerning UC 3.2.1.2, in my very-limited experience copyright
> statements are usually put as part of the data.
>
>        -- Sandro

+1

Others:
Please note the "- anything smaller than a graph --" snippet above,
that's vital.

A graph is how statements (RDF, EAV,etc..) are represented in:

1. a document -- e.g., RDF documents that are basically RDF statements
(triples) sources
2. an HTTP payload -- "Link:" based relations via
rel={some-relation-uri-or-iana-literal-relation-identifier}
3. Plain Old Semantic HTML -- <link/> and @rel or @rev based relations
In <head/> pre HTML5 and anywhere beyond HTML5.

You protect documents. If there are statements in one document that need
specific protection, beyond what exists, you move those statements to
another document and apply ACLs accordingly.

Hopefully, via LDP, we can put some of this confusion to rest esp., via
interoperability testing across implementations.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com