Re: Getting to closure on the remaining issues - issue-92

On Jan 24, 2014 7:37 PM, "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2013, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote as shown in the archive
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2014Jan/0121.html

> >> yes, there is no such thing as "denoting something when used with ..."
> >> Have you got a definition of that somewhere?
> >>
> >> Some further supporting evidence from RDF Semantics:
> >>
> >> [[ http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#urisandlit
> >>
> >> This document does not take any position on the way that URI
references may be composed from other expressions, e.g. from relative URIs
or QNames; the semantics simply assumes that such lexical issues have been
resolved in some way that is globally coherent, so that a single URI
reference can be taken to have the same meaning wherever it occurs.
> >> ]]
> >>
> >> So imagine you have some other relation that is like profile but
narrower, say an ldp:profile
> >> then ldp:Container would have to still refer to the same thing in the
relation below:

> >>  <> ldp:profile ldp:Container .
> >>
> >> which if we translate it using your grue like definition would come to
> >>
> >>  <> is related by the ldp:profile relation to the thing denoting the
ldp interaction if related by rel=profile,
> >>     but you're out of luck for other rels.
> >>
> >> so here it would be
> >>
> >>  <> related by ldp:profile to we know not what.
> >>
> >> What if someone then wants to write a vocabulary that describes
interaction models?
> >> Say they want to say of an interaction model that it supports POST and
that this creates
> >> new resources in some way,....
> >>
> >>  ldp:Container interaction:methodSupported "GET", "PUT", "POST",
"PATCH" .

> >> following the above reasoning we have no idea what ldp:Container is
referring to above.

> >> Clearly this would go against all the semantic web reasoning layers
that have been agreed
> >> to in various groups at the W3C.
> >>
> >>  I am surprised you even think of presenting this as an argument!
> >> You have just helped me  thump another stake in the heart
> >> of this rel=profile time consuming vampire .
> >
> > And I am surprised that you think it's reasonable to use the same
identifier for a graph representing an LDP container AND the protocol for
interacting with it.

> You mean that <http://example/> in say { <http://example> a ldp:Container
. } would refer to a Graph?

> Only if the Graph can be a temporal thing that can change over time,
which is not the
> strict definition of Graph in the RDF specs.
>
> The representation returned by <http://example/> is a Graph, but you must
not
> confuse the representation with the resource. The resource is something
that
> has an interaction model, and that can change over time, whilst keeping
its
> identity of course  :-) .

Very true. What do you propose as a stable identifier for the LDP1.0
interaction model as distinct from the resource itself?